Friday, January 29, 2010

Shimmy and Shake

O.k. So when I was taking a 'Blogger Break', this is some of the stuff I was up to. Our little guy has been having these little "shivers" or that is what we call them. I was recording him one day and noticed them. His doctor ordered and EEG and we went to the Nemors Childrens Hospital in Jacksonville. He had to be sleep deprived for 4 hours so we were up in the hotel at 6:30 and had to keep little man up till 11... not fun! We did keep him busy looking at cars, walking around the hospital and watching the rain. He almost fell asleep at 10:45... we had to take his clothes off to keep him awake.. it was so sad. Then once they started the test, he was pretty ticked cause he didn't eat during that time. So of course he cried and my little guy is not a crier so... you can imagine how ticked he was when they had to put all the wires on his head, bind is arms and hold his head still. Two other doctors came in and asked if everything was o.k. because he was screaming. I have to admit I held it together pretty well, until the other doctors came in and then I started to cry. And to top it off they wouldn't let Steve in with us so I was a little frustrated and upset. Seeing your kid in this state is hard. It didn't hurt him but him just being upset is hard for me. Needless to say he did fall asleep on the way home and SLEPT. Poor little guy! RESULTS: The results came back and it was NORMAL no problem with his brain waves or any sign of a seizure.... SOOOO they are thinking about doing a 8 hour study... and to be honest I don't think we are going to do it. He is a happy baby, developing perfect for his age and he isn't having anything major. I'm grateful for technology to have to check our children and amazing doctors. We feel pretty confident in our decision to just watch him and see if he grow out of this. Until then he is just going to be our little shimmy and shake dancer.

Henry is waving saying HI to Hunter and Mrs. Lauren. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Lauren for watching Hunter for us.. It was a relief to know he was taken care of and we didn't need to worry about him. He just loves your family. Not to mention your dog and cat. Thanks again!!!!

1 comment:

Kira said...

going through tests with your little guys is always hard (believe me I know) but it really is all worth it in the end ... even if you have a couple of rough days.