Wednesday, March 2, 2011

An amazing Sunday....

This past Sunday we had such great lessons and talks. I have to admit I have been thinking a lot about the topics since I left.

Sacrament meeting, I was only able to hear one talk, (that was of course before I had to go chase my 22 month old down the hall...) it was on REVERENCE.

She pointed out that when we get to church, sit and listen to the music, it brings peace to our souls that will help us feel the spirit during the talks. I know having small kids can, shoot IS a huge distraction for Steve and I and probably others. Yet, she talked about being prepared, bringing things for your family that will also bring reverence. I know I walked away having a desire to do more. She encouraged us to really practice the principles and learn from the lyrics in the song "Saturday is a special day":
"Saturday is a special day,
It's the day we get ready for Sunday;
We clean the house and we shop at the store,
so we won't have to work until Monday;
We brush our clothes and we shine our shoes,
And we call it our"get-the-work-done" day;
Then we trim our nails and we shampoo our hair,
so we can be ready for Sunday!"
We have all heard this song.. now to just apply it. This is something our family is going to work on.

Gospel Essentials class was about Repentance: Ya know I always use to think, well shoot i'm not, stealing, committing adultery, I haven't murdered anyone. I obey the 10 commandments..
I was doing good, what do I need to repent for? And then the spirit spoke SO clearly to me. Sure Alicia you are not doing the big huge things but are you doing the little things. Nope... I don't read my scriptures, I don't pray, yes I pray, but REALLY pray, oh and the biggest one that hit me hard was my sweet boys. Oh how I could be more patient towards them. YES, yes I did have lots to repent for. I wasn't doing the real bad things that will take me to the Bishop but I was not doing the things that I really SHOULD be doing, the small things that would give me that spiritual nourishment, which would help me raise my boys. That hit me hard. When I was talking to my sister, about the "Miracle of Forgiveness" Book it talks about how "Impatience is a sin". Wow!!! Patience is not one of my best qualities so I know I have something to work on, repent and ask for forgiveness. I learned so much from this chapter in the book...I loved how the teacher broke down the different steps. It sure gave me something to think about and work on.

Finally to finish off my wonderful day, in Relief Society we talked about TIME: Our teacher encouraged us to SLOW DOWN, spend more time with our children, our families, don't over schedule, take time to enjoy each other. I really took this to heart. It is Wednesday and this week I have found myself doing as many chores/computer time & daily spiritual uplifting as I can. Choosing to do it when Henry is sleeping and Hunter is in school. When they with me I want to make the best of the day, laughing, playing, learning and nurturing. These kids really are young once. Now don't get me wrong there will still be days of CRAZINESS. Some distractions will happen, but they won't be distractions from the "world", computer, t.v. etc. Dinner will have to be made but that is something Hunter loves to do with mommy, and that would be TIME with my son. I know at the end of the day I can honesty say "I know I did my best with my children and family and that they are all happy".

What a great Sunday! I'm grateful for what I learned and that the Holy Ghost and my Heavenly Father love me enough to have patience with me. Continue to teach me and mold me. I'm sure grateful for still small promptings.

Here are some fun pics with the boys this week.......
I love watching them play and grow up together.

No comments: