Sunday, February 6, 2011

Doctrine and Covenants 14:7

And, if you keep my commandments
and endure to the end you shall have eternal life,
which gift is the greatest of all gifts of God.
D & C 14:7

Oh how I loved this quote for today... it was perfect for what I needed to hear, I find myself being a slacker and just sliding by doing the basic prayer and scripture study. That is if I do it all... this reminds me how the small and simple daily acts can only nurture my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I know the Lord speaks to me in simple ways, like these daily quotes... just kicking my butt.....I'm rededicated....

The greatest gift we could receive is a prophet's reward (matthew 10:41), even eternal life in the kingdom of God. Eternal life is the quality of life that our Heavenly Father and Savior enjoy; it is to have their everlasting joy and eternal felicity; it is to live forever as families in the presence of God (D&C 132:19-20,24,55). Elder L. Tom Perry said, " I believe that if we could create in our minds a clear and true picture of eternal life, we would start behaving differently. We would not need to be prodded to do the many things involved with enduring to the end, like doing our home teaching or visiting teaching, attending our meetings, going to the temple, living moral lives, saying our prayers, or reading our scriptures. We would want to do all these things and more because we realize they will prepare us to go somewhere we yearn to go. (Ensign, May 2008).

No comments: