I have been a member my whole life and have gone to church, held callings, basically just gone thru the motions of being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Just basically touching the surface of what this church has to offer, so many blessing. Never really digging down deep... you know when you mom said "what did you learn today at church" the basic answer was Heavenly Father and Jesus. :) So i'm excited to start studying a book I found on my book shelf.. it is basic... real basic it is a "Gospel Reference - True to the Faith".
I have picked the topic "FAITH" and have read and studied the scriptures.
This is what I learned while studying about Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ: (next week is living by Faith and Increasing your Faith)
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen
Faith is a principle of action and power.
In order for faith to lead you to salvation, it must be centered in the lord Jesus Christ.
Faith is :
Relying completly on him
Trusting in his infinite power, Intelligence and love
Believing his teachings
Believing even though you do not understand all things, HE DOES.
Faith is knowing Jesus has felt all pains, affliction and infirmities, he knows how to help us rise above our daily difficulties.
I desire to come closer to the Lord and my heart if full from just learning these basic truths. The lord loves me and you and if we will turn our lives over to him we will be at peace and be blessed. I'm greatful for this time to learn more and more.
Ladies - I would love to hear ways how your Faith in the lord has grown, what you think when you think of "faith" in the Lord?



3 comments:
Alicia- great post! I have been thinking about this because of our YW meeting last night and all the wonderful things that were said. To me, faith means that I should not let myself get to the point of discouragement. That is so hard for me but I know that it can be done. I know that life can't be all easy, happy, fun days- there must be opposition in all things. But in the midst of the trials or challenges and sadness I must keep the faith and do everything that I should do (seminary answers, read scriptures, pray, go to church, love and serve my husband and children, etc.). Discouragement is debilitating and unproductive and not of God.
Alicia-
Thanks for that post. I am going to study that topic myself. I needed that reminder that all is in the Lord's hand. Faith is really believing that it is.
Great post thanks!
A big part of Faith for me is realizing and accepting that I do not have, or need to know for that matter, the answer/solution to all my questions, problems, or concerns. When I exercise Faith in the Lord He will guide me to make the right choices and to the answers that I am ready to receive.
Post a Comment