Monday, February 2, 2009

Alicia pondering pregnancy, Hunter....and her soon to be born new baby boy!

I can't help but to look back at Hunter when he was a baby.... My heart is so full when I think of the day he was born, the day we brought him home and all the happy times we have had with him. I love his smile and his witty personality, He looks like a old man in his car seat in the one picture ( I just laugh every time I see it). Hunter makes Steve and I laugh so much, yet Hunter can be so serious at times we crack up just seeing his facial expressions. He brightens a room when he comes into it. We sure have one special kid.
And now to think another precious little guy is going to join our family.. I just get tearied eyes and all silly when I think about it. (boy am I prego.. i'm crying now... what a big cry baby i'am). Anyways... really how cool to have 2 boys.. 2 boys... man the mischeif they are going to get into.. We are going to go broke with all the boy toys. I hope they are taller than me, ( I have REALLY...REALLY tall uncles.... they are awesome)I always wanted boys that were taller than me, you know a momma's boy. 2 Boys.. wow!! Fun times ahead.

This is a picture of our little man back in October... he has grown so much since then. I love the little profile pic. I can't belive how something that looked like a little peanut now has a face and body. A baby is just an amazing process when you think about how it grows, and starts. Wow... i'm so amazed.





I'm so grateful for my pregnancy and also wishing it would go faster and be over... it is a bitter sweet feeling.
Steve and I thought we were done having children because of my health we were happy with our little Hunter...so we were coming to turns with just spoiling our one little guy. You can imagine our excitement to find out we could get pregnant and that we where pregnant. It was a roller coaster of emotions. I think about this picture above of the lord holding this precious child and just knowing the he trust me with these amazing little souls. It is so humbling and rewarding. I love this picture my sister Bethany gave me.... the saying reads " OUT OF MY ARMS AND INTO YOURS... I PLACE THIS SPIRIT INTO YOUR CARE... HOLD THIS LITTLE ONE EXTRA CLOSE... A PART OF HEAVEN LINGERS THERE... How special is that... we as mothers no matter how we get our children, we bare them, or someone blesses us with bearing them and joining there family....we are all still mothers who the lord trust to nurture these children. I love it!!!
Some pregnancy good and bad times.....
My Good Times -Feeling the baby move!, Bonding with this little human growing in my body. Big boobs... ( I guess that works both ways) they hurt but look great being big. LOL :), I laugh sometimes when I go to lay down and the baby kicks the side of the bed... just letting me know (hey i'm here and your sqooshing me)... the baby having the hickups. I love when I can see the kicks and Steve feeling the baby move.

My Bad Times -HEARTBURN... all day every day and NIGHT, having no energy, clothes fitting, getting this baby out.... c-section or naturally..... ladies come on getting the baby out makes me so nervious and anxious. being sick.... i'm still getting nauses, peeing ALL THE TIME..., The overwhelming BACK PAIN.... My doctor said the baby is breech now and that he is sitting on my nerve which makes it hard to walk, I have a sharp pain down my left leg. Oh the joys of pregnancy... gotta love it.

Over all i'm so greatful for this baby and the blessing it brings to our family... feeling good or not, I wouldn't trade this opportunity. We can't wait to meet this little person, who has already touched our hearts... Hunter is excited to have a little brother.. Steve is excited but more of a ...well he is game time.. it will hit him when i'm delivering... and me as a mom... it is the greatest gift ever.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Love this post you sweet, sweet girl!! Those boys are so lucky to have YOU!!! Good luck with everything!! Love you - Heidi

Ingrid said...

Beautiful post, Alicia. Your boys are so blessed and so loved!

Roadrunner said...

I am so happy for you. I love the quote and picture of Christ- I was overwhelmed with that feeling with my first baby- I couldn't believe the trust He must have in us to let us raise his little ones. Or the trust in his little ones to overcome their parent's faults! :)

Kira said...

isn't having a boy GREAT!!!! I love it! Beautiful post Alicia, it is nice for me to read how grateful you are to be pregnant, that is how it should be.