
I was given great news last week.... After being diagnosed with Thryoid cancer 2 years ago, 2 doses of radiation/hospization and lots of crazy emotions.. my doctor told me that the cancer has shrunk to like a millimeter.. YAHOOO.. that is great! It didn't spread, it is just getting smaller. So Steve and I decided to research and have a new way of eating healthy to kick that one little millimeter spot gone... I have been loving this "New" way of eating and living. Lots of veggies, good fruit, fish, almonds... I love almonds. (Gotta stay away from the processed sugars - you know the real good stuff - LOL)... And I'm surrounded by lots of positive people.. I have already lost 4 big whoppin pounds... in a week in a half. Yeah!! So Dinner tonight is Tilapia Fillet with blackbeans mixed with tomatoes on rice or on the side(I didn't have any rice) & a side of broccoli. It smelled so good in the house cooking the fish and veggies. Anyone have any good fish receipes... Enjoy! I'm excited to continue on this Healthy path.. excercising and eating right. Any one wanna meet me at the gym?
7 comments:
That looks yummy! Wasn't Tae-bo fun? I was way tired today, but it was worth it.
You can do it Alicia...four pounds already and you still eat yummy food...awesome!
Alicia! That is so wonderful to hear! I'm so nervous cause I turn 30 in February and will have to do a screening. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer about a year & a half ago now. She is doing great, but there is still that nervousness about genetics! Your family is adorable, and you are amazing! Love you, T
Way to go, Alicia! You are awesome.
Yahoooo!!! Yeah for you! I'll ask my father in law who is a chef if he has any good ones he is willing to pass on.
I am so THRILLED for you! Great news. Does that mean we get to celebrate with a girls night at a 'healthy' place?
4 pds, and a speck of cancer. Thats Good News!! YOU GO GIRL.. The way your going you'll have kicked that millimeter right out!!!
Way to go, Alicia! You are inspiring and the news is wonderful!
Post a Comment