Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jammin Journel Alicia's Craving.....


As I walked thru the kitchen I felt like a tiger about to attack the rice crispy treats that Steve made and I looked around at what other sweet thing I could have then made my way straight to the treat... opened the lid and about had to spank my own hand. I was impressed with myself... I said to myself... dangit NO you don't want that. (can you see me yelling at myself...... I think i'm going crazy) So I went and made celery and peanut butter. Humm doesn't that sound like a good trade. NO.....Healthier maybe not better tasting. As I ate the celery I at least felt better about myself.

My last week I have struggled with trying to eat the right and healthier things. I play a mind game with myself and say " oh I can eat just this it won't be that bad" and THEN i'm frustrated with myself for the rest of the day, or when I get on the scale and I haven't lost anymore weight. And it is constantly in the back of my mind that if the cancer is still there in 4 months then it is because I didn't stick to such a strick diet... the constant rollercoaster. Wow how do people do so good with eating so well ALL THE TIME. I have done better than I thought and even my husband... has compimented me on doing good. I have been at this for going on 4 weeks and it has been rewarding and tough. I guess looking at the BIG picture my body will be healthier and i'm happy for the change in my body that I can see. I'm just going to pat myself on the back and keep going and when I do struggle hopefully it won't be a HUGE BIG CUPCAKE.... :) Sincerly Celery Girl!

3 comments:

JoyRGardner@gmail.com said...

Alicia, I love you so much. You are a breath of fresh air, and I am so proud of you for the efforts and awareness you show in your life.
You go, girl!

Heidi said...

You go celery girl!! I wish I could have witnessed your conversation with yourself!! I have those EVERY DAY!!

Candice said...

Alicia, you can do it! Just think positive thoughts and picture yourself healthy and full of energy. What helps me is not having any "junk" food in my house. Only purchase healthy foods and snacks. You can always go buy a treat, but just don't have it in your house! Okay, that's my advice. I hope it helps. I love you.
Candice : )