Wednesday, November 28, 2007

North Carolina Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving... we spent it in beautiful North Carolina.

Papa Tom, Steve, Hunter and I drove leaving Gainesville at 6:30 in the morning.... The traffic wasn't bad at all it was a beautiful drive, the leaves changing, sunny skies and good company.. we hit a couple places to eat (DairyQueen seemed to be the dessert place of choice, Steve and My dad had a ongoing joke about it.)
The best was Hunter did amazing, he enjoyed having papa Tom in the back seat with him 9 hours is a long time for a 2 yr old.
We spent Tuesday till Friday there and loved it... visited with my sister Bethany's family (blackwelders) there inlaws and family. We stayed with my mom and Ron which was nice we got to visit and catch up on things. Hunter enjoyed our visit to see his great-grandparents Maxwell.. Hunter laughed a ton at the toys that they had. We went on a mini hike and saw some water falls and I also went shopping on BLACK FRIDAY!!! I must have been crazy I have never seen so many people and cars in one place. IT WAS WILD!! Bethany, her mother-in-law, baby Logan and me all went.. we got up at 4 oh yeah 4am! Out the door at 5AM... craziness I tell ya!!! But it was worth it we got some great deals.

The greatest deal ever was to hold my precious nephew. Logan was 5 weeks old and so adorable and what a gift he is. I just loved holding him, smelling his sweet head, the way he cuddled up close to my heart and slept so sound in my arms. That was my highlight of the trip. I felt so close to the lord when I held him in my arms. Neil was able to bless him while some of the men family members where there for Thanksgiving what a neat experience.

We all have so much to be thankful for it was a great and special thanksgiving for our family. The company was great, food was yummy and we left with a full tummy. Thanks Grandma Heather & Papa Ron for Hosting it at your home.

Hunter also loved to see his Papa's in the same room... he kept saying 2 Papa's it was so sweet. Hunter is a blessed little boy to have so many papa's 2 on earth and 1 watching him from heaven!

We truly are a blessed family! We hope you all had just as much of a blessed Thanksgiving as us.

No comments: